MIL-S-7742 Rev D 25-JUL-1991
MIL-S-7742 Rev D Amendment 1 02-SEP-1992
GENERAL SPECIFICATION FOR SCREW THREADS, STANDARD, OPTIMUM SELECTED
SUMMARY OF HOW MIL-S-7742 RELATES TO THREAD GAGES
The status of MIL-S-7742 is considered "inactive" by
the Department of Defense.
MIL-S-7742 covers the selection of threads, and the product inspection,
based on application requirements.
MIL-S-7742 has no effect on the gages supplied except that they
meet the normal gage requirements for the specified thread.
Thus this means:
1. MIL-S-7742 is inactive thus you need to be sure that your customer
still needs you to conform to the inactive MIL-S-7742.
2. MIL-S-7742 covers design requirements thus if the product is
fully designed those aspects of MIL-S-7742 have already been fulfilled.
3. MIL-S-7742 covers inspection procedures thus you need to set
your inspection procedures to fall within MIL-S-7742 requirements.
4. MIL-S-7742 does not cover gage design thus the gage maker does
not need to know that you are working under MIL-S-7742. It does
not affect him in any way.
5. MIL-S-7742 does not cover gage design thus the gage certification
can not be compliant with MIL-S-7742. There is nothing within MIL-S-7742
to comply with.